Saturday, September 26, 2009

A new direction...again

Well it had taken me awhile to figure out what I wanted to do with this blog. I have now decided to keep it as a running journal. I'll keep track of my training and race results and share anything interested along the way.

This morning I ran my second 5K race. It was the Megan Savage Memorial 5K in Upland, CA. I have been training for this race for three months and the hardest part was that last month. I don't know why, maybe because I had two months of continous exercise and still no race. All I know is that there was a week when I missed two of my three training days and I was scared that I wouldn't be prepared for today. I finally was able to look at the race result online and was pretty impressed. I ran my first 5K in October of last year. I didn't really prepare for it and couldn't even run the first mile non-stop. I ended that race with a time of 39:40. This time around I ended with a time of 36:38 which is 3:02 faster which really lifted my spirits. The first mile and some change of this race was completely uphill. By the time I got up there my lungs and allergies had had enough so I started to walk so I could catch my breath. I only stopped one other time towards the end because I wanted to save every ounce of energy I had to finish off with a bang. The race results page also showed you want place you got in the race overall and what place you got in your division. I was 273rd place out of 622 runners and 16th in my divison! I was stoked when I saw that.

My next race is in three weeks. It is the Matthew Meyers Memorial 5K in Pomona,CA. This race is the one I did the previous year so it will be interesting to see if my time gets better or not with course familarity. I'll definately be working hard these next three weeks. I'm also excited because my boyfriend has also decided to participate in this run with me! I love motivating people and if it sticks with him like it has with me it will be just one more thing that we can do together : )

Until next time....happy running! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment