Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Week 6 Day 3

Weight: 171 lbs

Distance: 2 miles at 5.2 mph

Meals:
Breakfast: 1 Gala Apple

Lunch: Turkey Sandwich
9 Pita Bites
1 package of 100 calorie Cheez-its

Dinner: Chicken Breast with Wild Rice and Veggies
1 Smirnoff Raspberry Burst Drink

Snacks: 1 serving of grapes
1 Fiber One Oats and Chocolate Bar

Health Tip of the Week: Get in at least 30 minutes of cardio training a day. Whether it's running, walking or riding a bike those 30 minutes are essential for starting to leave a healthier lifestyle

Exercise of the Week: Oblique Reaches
Description: Lay on your back with knees bent and feet resting on the floor. While keeping
abdominal muscles engaged lift your torso so you shoulders are slightly off the ground.
Keeping you head a fist distance from your chest, exhale and reach for your left ankle with
your left hand. Inhale and return to center. Then exhale and reach for you right ankle with
your right hand. Repeat this alternating sequence taking breaks when your neck muscle start
to burn.

Duration: 3 sets of 10 reps on both the left and right sides.

I kinda flaked out last week and got home pretty late last night which is why I'm doing yesterday's blog today. I continued with my workout plan of walking on Friday, running on Saturday and taking my pilates class Sunday morning but I really dropped the ball on my weight training. I felt like the end of my week last week was rushed and I didn't have any time to do anything but the bare minimum. On the upside we got a new scale which is awesome since our old one was weighing us 2 pounds heavier. They really encouraged me to continue being good which resulted in me weighting 171.4lbs this morning! I think it's funny how simple things in life keep me motivated to carry on with my plans. So far this week I haven't taken a day off from exercise although I haven't picked back up with the weight training. I might have a chance to do that today because my pilates instructor let us know there might be a chance she won't be there tonight and if that is the case I think I'll walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes and then pick up all the weight machines to make a full hour. Running yesterday was pretty difficult for me and I think it's because I ran a little later than I usually do and also I have no fuel for my body to use. Tomorrow I'm supposed to step up the speed so I want to make sure that I don't help in the fatiguing of my body by not eating enough before hand. Well, it's about that time to start heading to work. Until next time...

Good Luck and Good Health

Megan : )

No comments:

Post a Comment