Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Introduction

My first post yesterday was pretty short and I felt that I needed to do a post describing what to expect from this blog. First, a little about me. When I started my weight loss journey I weighed 223 lbs. I joined a weight loss program and lost fifty pounds in a year and a half. When I started to plateau I left the program feeling I knew what I needed to do to keep the weight off. I ended up gaining twenty pounds and felt miserable. I joined a gym and attended pretty regularly but I didn't change my diet so I was staying in limbo. I then got frustrated and it was really hard for me to get going to the gym. I ended up joining the weight loss program again so that I had the access to the tools I needed for a better and healthier me. I solved my gym problem by making a goal I needed to reach. I found that if I was working towards something instead of just working out I was more successful in my visits at the gym. The goal that I have chosen for myself is to run a 5K race. The training program that I'm following is a three months program and I have just entered into the second month of training. I also try and attend yoga and pilates classes that are given at my gym to change up my routine.

I want this blog to be used as a tool for people who are struggling in losing weight or staying in shape. I know how hard it is to do things on your own and with the economy as it is right now it is even harder to join a weight loss program or a gym so I will try to give both gym advice and at home alternatives so that everyone can participate. With this blog I hope to give useful health tips, home exercises and healthy recipes. I plan to post at least three times a week and share my own weight loss story with all of you out there. I will post things such as my current weight, meals I ate that day and anything else that pops into my mind. I'm a full-time student and work part-time so I understand how hard it is to make time to improve your health. If you feel that this blog lacks information you need or if you need clarification on anything I post please feel free to contact to and I will help you the best that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment